Thursday 2 October 2014

Google chain

Google Drive has become part of me and my work. 

Am I chained to it, amidst the roughness of my teaching and research? Perhaps I am, as it provides a firm hold with an organized structure that assists my progress. I like the ever-increasing affordances, shifting my practices into new and uncertain spaces.  



Since discovering Google Drive through a course on Emerging Technologies in Higher Education (run by the Cape Higher Education Consortium), I’ve shared it with colleagues, and introduced it to students enabling them to use it through authentic learning, as their comrade. It offers a user-friendly avenue for reflective practice from where students’ voices and experiences can be amplified through online collaborative engagement.
  

An explanation of my use of Google Drive with medical students is now published in a Routledge book edited by Vivienne Bozalek, Dick Ng’ambi. Denise Wood, Jan Herrington, Joanne Hardman and Alan Amory.



No comments:

Post a Comment